Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Newsvine Lies and Attacks - Please post a sign No Conservatives need Apply

Newsvine a Blog Site owned by MSNBC, Liberal Left Media provider banned a group of vocal Conservatives today. See if you can figure out why.

And so the lies continue… You see I am kind of sort of obsessive with storing information on my computer efficiently. Especially Emails. I keep folders to retain any emails I think I may ever need to refer back to and given the childish persecution Tyler and Site Founder, Calvin Tang made against conservative member Frog Prince, I have kept every single email I sent or received from anyone affiliated with Newsvine.

Tyler Adams is a 22 year old moderator for the Newsvine Virtual Blog site with somewhere just over 1 million users. It's Tyler's job to make sure the bloggers don't violate a Code of Honor posted on the site. It seems though that Code is only upheld for the Liberal and perhaps Moderate political debates, the Conservatives well, we are on our own, but then with a million users Tyler's a busy guy. He can't be watching every one of those darned conservatives. The following quotes are from a one sided Newsvine post by Tyler Adams accusing 3 Conservative Groups of Gaming the system. I was the founder of those groups but I have been permanently banned for one Code infraction.

Quoting Tyler, “One day, by what I assume was an accident, he/she included me on an email addressing a group TFP had formed with PartysOver, also a pretty good writer.”

Tyler why do you lie about this? Why don’t you simply say the truth? Tyler and I had a conversation about my writing on Newsvine during a situation in which a user outlined how to scam Newsvine Polls. Tyler and I exchanged 4 emails. When I replied to this email I copied my attorney, as I have been advised to do; the email response asked if I had forwarded it:

Sent: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 9:32 pm
Subject: RE: Newsvine - Report spam or a malicious user

PO,

I think you’re an excellent writer. Out of Control, too. I’m glad you’re two different people.

I also don’t have any value scale for groups. Except for Anti-Spam. They’re great.

Out of curiosity, have you forwarded any of our correspondence?

Respectfully,

Tyler Adams

Online Community Moderator, Newsvine

The reason Tyler was able to determine it had been forwarded somewhere was because there was a tracking cookie attached to it. It never made it to my attorney. However suddenly Tyler had information that was only retrieved in my own email accounts. A Hack?

The next series of events occurred:

--A virus attacked my desktop computer and it had to be cleaned and reformatted.

--My business laptop started acting strangely with typing strokes. I’d be typing voratiously and my cursor would move unexpectedly to the middle of the sentence I had just typed inserting text in the wrong places and then bounce all over my window.

--I started to get hour glass hung while searching the web for no apparent reason and yet my connections showed excellent strength.

--So I decided it was time to ask for some help from two top notch data forensics people on my team. They scanned, logged and quarantined 18 tracking cookies, malware and other malicious software. They installed additional firewalls and set a regular nightly scan of my laptop. Once that was set up they started to take statistics off my website access and found Newsvine seemed to be the supplier of those tracking cookies.

--Since they installed the heightened security Newsvine crawled for me. Saving a comment took 3-4 minutes. Often if I went back to correct something in a comment it would not save the changes. If I posted a seed or article I literally had to wait up to one hour to see it in my list. There would be 3 or 4 comments already there by the time it actually showed up for me to enter a comment or vote.

Now you can believe all the hype that these select few people who have dubbed themselves the Newsvine Militia about my own personal ethics and morals or you could do a search and find what I found.

http://williamholmes.newsvine.com/_news/2006/08/16/326746-newsvine-and-3rd-party-tracking-cookies

As much as I love Newsvine, I wonder why they allow spyware programs to run on their site.

According to NoScript, a great extension for Firefox. as you are using Newsvine, it's installing doubleclick.net spyware.

There's also something called 2mdm.net, which I am unfamiliar with.

Does anyone else have a problem with this? What is the point of allowing these things here?

Both companies install a 3rd party tracking cookie on your machine without your permission. Are they harmful? They can definetly slow things down. AND, they ARE tracking your internet activity "for business" purposes.

http://zoilus.newsvine.com/_news/2008/12/15/2215681-is-newsvine-infecting-you-computer-with-malware

For the last few days my tracker is gone spastic and I keep getting the message displayed in the clipping below? I am also being redirected to some online RPG site. Who else is have this happen and what can be done about it?

From Tyler’s article quoting stolen private emails:

It's a private group called Party with Frog Legs. Their group explanation's kind of cryptic:

From my personal email to Party with Frog Legs. "This is a group formed for a specific purpose. The purpose is to enhance our ability to get things done on NewsVine. We are a group that wants to be heard on various issues without having to fight the crowd to get there."

From Newsvines Front Page:

Newsvine Groups are a great way to read, write, and discuss topics and articles with people sharing common interests. Find a group below that you're interested in, click on over to the group's front page, and you can request admission from there. Alternatively, you can create your own group and invite anyone in that you'd like.

What is criptic about our statement? Did we ask anything more that participation?

This is an email I sent to the Newsvine Group Outraged Americans for justice that Tyler claimed to have been forwarded by someone who either acted alone or was planted as a spy:

So now that I've gotten back to the NV reality here... I see we are making an impression on Newsvine or more likely MSNBC who doesn't seem to like it when we allow our pieces hit the Top of the Vine. The 'moderators' have caused Frog Prince and Princess some major headaches and others like Semper Fi and pbunny have been included. Be careful out there!

This is my latest fight the election. We need to take some hard looks at how we are electing members of Congress that are not representing the people. Let's get this one in their face... Vote it up. What are your thoughts?
http://partysover.newsvine.com/_news/2009/03/08/2520857-whats-not-working-in-america-elections-

Now Frog Prince and I go back a little time on NV; every time we ran into each other we were battling along side each other. We found that it worked pretty well to have more than one person with a logical mind in a blog room full of Liberals. Alone it kind of felt like feeding time at the shark tanks, but together we did alright. We decided we would work together to collect a team of people who mostly think like us... you know the right way :D there were enough posts to find them. We ended up forming the 2 groups Outraged Americans for Justice to attract a large group (we now have 124 members) and the Party (that's me) with Frog Legs (FP) to concentrate our efforts for immediate response. The following was posted and clipped by husband Mustang Tom, this was done to keep the security of the Groups. We don't need anymore unwarranted suspensions.

Don't forget to stop by Outaged Americans for Justice and Vote up the Stories from the members too. http://outragedamericansforjustice.newsvine.com/

Party with Frogs Legs
http://partywithfroglegs.newsvine.com/

PartysOver Aka Indie Pendent



How terrible and criminal of us to create groups to stick together to fend off hostile attacks from people with a different political ideal! How absolutely horrible to send an email asking the Groups to stop by the home page and check out the articles clipped there, my GOD!

From Tyler’s Article:

Voting up; well, okay. Lots of groups vote for articles published to the group and our popularity algorithms take into account where votes are coming from. I figured I'd keep an eye on it; I didn't know how many people they were reaching or if they were being effective or not.

The emails kept coming, and they began to get more creative Most of them were complaints about the extreme injustice of TFP's suspension/whatever other faults they found with Newsvine/moderation. But eventually they became more malicious and started to tilt towards taking things down via bloc reporting instead of voting them up:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Indie Pendent Date: Fri, May 1, 2009 at 8:48 PM
Subject: Very Interesing
To: xxxxxxx

So this little teenage troll is harassing me on the Obama Mocks Tea Party story from today. I checked it out and today is her first day on the vine, but look at this... She got 4 votes when clearly everyone else has left the thread. hum. I think she is either a plant, bait, or a multiple login.

Anyone feel like collapsing her for me? http://partysover.newsvine.com/_news/2009/04/30/2758500-obama-mocks-americans-attending-tea-party-protests

Talk about gaming Newsvine.

Yes, Tyler let’s put the actual comments the person made here and see if in fact there are any CoH Violations. All of my comments have been deleted by you so all that are left are hers. Wonder if we will in fact find any games being played?

Rachel-1077083

Where were these tea parties (tea-baggers) the eight years Bush was sending our nation down the toilet? Please, we all see thru you, you are a bunch of cry babies that didn't want President Obama to win and finding any excuse to protest. You're about 7-8 years too late. I see the racist signs at your parties. Take your hate and filth some where else. Leave the country if you don't like it. You are the minority, face it!! Stop obstructing what our President is trying to do, save our country. How about a party to impeach Bush or prosecute him for war crimes or robbing the American people blind? That would make sence. You are a joke, just like the rest of you tea-baggers!!!

Republicans and anyone who partakes in these tea-parties have no clue how to get out of this mess, but you want to stand in the way of those who do. Support our troops, police officers and our President!!!

#51 - Fri May 1, 2009 5:26 PM EDT

Rachel-1077083

If you say so. And you just got it together now? How convenient. You're about 7-8 years too late don't you think? Pin the entire deficit on our "new" President. It's the easiest thing to do. When Clinton handed over our country to Bush, we all had jobs and were producing revenue, while reducing our country's deficit. This mess he inhereted from the previous administration. How about a tea-bagging party to impeach Bush, prosecute him for war crimes, torture, invading Iraq for oil, or lying about WMD? These parties are ridiculous and driven by hatred. Yes, I've seen the signs you people carry. So unpatriotic. You have no solutions, just complaints. It's the wrong party, President your party is attacking. Get it right at least.

#51.2 - Fri May 1, 2009 5:51 PM EDT

Rachel-1077083

Well put. I wish "PartysOver" would realize that their party is over. Better yet, when did it begin? See how witty he is? "anal-ysis" So ridiculous, just like their stupid parties. If they can be called parties, they are more like whiney babies conventions and racist followers.

I wonder if they know what "tea-bagging" means? I bet most don't. Not the older ones anyway, which is the vast majority of these tea-baggers.

#53.1 - Fri May 1, 2009 6:24 PM EDT

Rachel-1077083

Right...you two tea-bagging clowns (Oink Oink & PartysOver) showed me the light. Why don't you two grandpas go take a nap now. Got to go, work to do, unlike you 2 lazy bloggers. I am sure you'll reply again and again because you're either unemployed due to lazyness or just plain old (retired). I pitty you two old geezers.

Let no man pull you low enough to hate him. - MLK

Most of the problems a President has to face have their roots in the past - Harry S. Truman

#67 - Fri May 1, 2009 7:16 PM EDT

Rachel-1077083

Granny,
For your information, I've been working and paying taxes since I was 16. I am an educated womam, christian, democrat and a kick @$$ American gun-owner. I have to say you are old and stuck in your old ways, just like the Bush administration and Republican party. I was a field organizer for the Obama campaign, and boy did I do a great job. Because of foolish little girls/boys like me, as you put it, McCain almost lost in his own state. Never had that happened in Arizona. It's because I am the majority, and you the minority that is slowly withering away, way too slow. You and the other grand-parent are no doubt old-fashioned. My country if moving forward, unlike you. You are being left behind and I understand that might be fustrating. Aww...poor baby.
You do not frighten any one. I am not by any means intimidated. On the other hand, you are. You are so scared of people like me. It shows. We know it.
Which term I used were you referring to?

#73 - Fri May 1, 2009 8:04 PM EDT

Let’s see I count 18 acts of name calling or outright disrespect here. How many did Newsvine enforce… 0 wow, big surprise.

Rachel has not been seen since? Could Rachel be a user to bait or trap other users into saying something that could get them suspended? Hum? Her login was created that day; and yet she was able to replace her green room avatar with a picture...she hasn’t been there since.

I don't know how you folks feel, but what would you do being attacked like this? Lovely Rachel even made reference that she was a Bad American Ass Gun Owner. Threatening? Would you be maybe a little defensive with this post? Would you expect Newsvine to enforce some of its beloved CoH? When they didn't do that, might you take it upon yourself to contact some close friends and let them know? Do you think she deserved to be collapsed?

I'm just askin?



24 comments:

  1. Here I am - the real culprit according to Newsvine. I'm the one who initiated all the dastardly deeds. Just call me Dirty Frog.

    Amazing how one can twist the facts in order to try to silence a group of intelligent people. did I send out private e-mails to the group whenever a new article was written or seeded onto the group board. Guilty as charged but not a violation of their User Agreement or the CoH.

    They kept harping on bloc voting. Now I have to ask anyone this who even has a lick os sense. How can I make anyone "vote" for anything? what am I gonna do, flog them with my froggy whip if they don't. How can I make them click the link? How can I make them make a comment or hit a vote button? Supposedly, the group members were blindy following Jim's orders. I haven';t issued an order since 1992 when I retired from the Army.

    The bottom line is that complaints were flowing in to Charles Tillinghast, the President of MSNBC about their boys conduct and arbitrariness in following their own "User Agreement." Tyler contended on a public thread that it was a unilateral agreement. Someone needs to look up the word in the dictionary as it takes at least two parties to reach any sort of agreement. Otherwise, who are you agreeing with.

    At present they have banned at a minimum of 10 people because they primarily belonged to a group. They banned husbands and wives because they wanted to punish them along with their targets.

    I'm not talking about with notice either. I'm talking about flat out disabling those accounts with no explanation. when queried about it via e-mails, Calvin and Tyler failed to respond. If they did, it was with a flip, or smart-assed reply. some way to run a business. But they aren't really running a business that can survive with their conduct and actions behind it.

    My perspective is that they recently found out we knew about the use of key loggers coming off of their site. Then they panicked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you Super ACORN Frog or what? You made them all vote, Just like I made them collapse a bimbo that had a minimum 18 Code of Honor Violations in 40 minutes with no response from Moderators.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well guys we have know for awhile that it was just a matter of time before Froggy was going to pull out that whip,and start making us do things that we didn't really want to do. Don't Taze me Frog.
    All kidding aside we are not kids who will just do what someone wants or ask us to do. We are self thinkers,and can make up our own minds. I am one of the few who did not get kicked off due to the fact that I haven't been on very much lately.I have read,and responded on Tylers seed about this subject or witch hunt that they are having over there. There is also a new seed up about Goodby Trolls. Now we know who the trolls are,and they aren't us. Newsvine has shut down any right to free speech from this group.I have met some great people on Newsvine sad to say not many of them are Liberals. They are the most nasty,hateful people I have ever come across. Any one who feels it is right to shut down this group,and their free speech should be living in another country. Sorry Frog,and PO that this has happened but I can say Newsvine is nothing but another left leaning rag supported by MSNBC.The sooner that they go belly up the better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. maggie thanks for coming to my and the groups defense on the Tyler story today. I know you risked a lot to do that.

    hang in there we will organize again. It will just take time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW I totally enjoy the fact that there are only 3 articles on the politics page today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PO, I am just catching up to speed with everything that has been going on. It is not the first time this kind of thing has happened on NV. I too had a lot of junk and spyware infect my computer shortly after posting a couple of articles about my faith on NV. I ran across this blog a few days ago. I can't say I am surprised by this turn of events, but I can say I am disappointed. I have been looking for another place to write and read and I think this really confirms my suspicions about leaving. They are clicky and it has become more obvious than ever. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Theresa you are welcome to post here anytime. If I have not sent you an invite for a contributor access, send me an email and I'll send you a request. Once you accept you can link seeds and/or articles directly here for open discussion where Liberal Attacks will not be tolerated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello to all....I am catching up and just finished reading all the
    BS that Newsvine has caused...This is so damn unreal and Calvin and Tyler still think they are the big
    boys...One day soon---I have also
    gone on the new news site. It will
    be nice, too:)No more BS and NV Jail...I'm happy again for my Freedom of speech.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Frog Princess. Thanks for stopping here. I sent you an Invite that will let you post stories and links here. Hopefully you will accept.

    ReplyDelete
  10. PO
    I am sorry I wasnt there to defend you I only got the emails this morning. I think this is a bunch of crap. It's sad that a few Libs got their feelings hurt so they got a good writer in trouble. I will check here often.
    PO'D in TN

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have yet to see anything on Newsvine- since they shut me off. Frankly my dear, "I don't give a damn what they have to say." I consider the source. I did hear episode 21 and 22 on talk shoe. I could have broadcast Morse Code on short wave more efficiently. The broadcast had the acoustics of a public bathroom and smelled like it too.
    I'm in a better place now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's really just this big old marble game...see? The difference is, while they want to spend eternity fighting over the same old marble, we frog march down to the general store and buy us some different ones. So what FP told us where to buy them, so what he told us which ones to buy. Isnt that what a guide or mentor does? Were we not there by choice? I dont recall voting for leader of the pack, do you? I mean, the invitation seemed nice enough...at least nicer than a CoH/ToS that rivals a supreme court opinion!

    reluctor ignarus

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi guys I was left alone to by the big cheeses. I have been battling on the "Gaming" piece and Calvin made claims then split. It just dawned on me to come here. I listen to the piece last night it did not sound very well put together. Sorry about the smackdown. I have been having trouble with my computer so I bought different adware and protection last week. I am going to talk with my bro regarding keyloging. You guys have a good night.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sherry working hard you know you can always seed one of our stories to the vine anytime. *evil grin*

    ReplyDelete
  15. ha ha.....you double posted.....everybody duck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well Im in I feel like its basic training.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello to all! I have not been to Newsvine to see whats happening-I am most likely still banned. I sent Mike @ Newsvine an e-amil on Friday, of course he never responded. Who in the group caused all this BS. Hope their gone!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I believe we have all the problem children under control. Glad to have to stop by here anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank You Party-If anyone could control problem kids I new it would be you! I have heard duck tape is legal, so long as it is not constrictive. For the record was the traitor male or female? Do we have them all or are we still on high alert?

    ReplyDelete
  20. No longer on alert, no reason to be anyone who was affiliated with the Groups that left questionable comments on NV has been removed from the lists. If you want all the details email me.

    ReplyDelete
  21. For life!
    Imagine that.
    You know what they have with no Frogs and no Partys? Nothin', bubkas, nada, zip, zero.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have found our former posting site protects some of their followers comments. Notice I said some. Yet they appear to post others information on the world wide web. I'm interested in the ratio.

    ReplyDelete